Thursday, December 4, 2008

You've got to come Original

I have a lot of down time at my day job and pass the time sitting behind my laptop, browsing websites, watching YouTube videos, looking up other artists, entering all the freebie drawings at Apartment Therapy. I have tried several times to stop this mindless, pointless, direction-less web surfing at work. I need to try harder. Although I spend a good time enriching myself with artistic stimulation, and it's always good for artists & designers to spring board, I'd have to say it's much more fulfilling to complete something for which all brain storming was done entirely in your mind.
Last night my ridiculously old home desktop overheated when I was getting ready to start my last serigraphy design of the semester. It forced me to work through my head and through my sketch book and my own hands. After drawing, I spent a good 2 hours cutting film. The result is a mere 5 inches, but will be a 5 color print and my key to an A. I'm very excited about this design. It's actually a gift for Rima (my close friend/ex-sorority sister/future sister-in-law/boss). I'll post pics as soon as I'm done, but what are you looking at my crap for? Go create something on your own! :-D

No comments: