Saturday, December 6, 2008

I am the stone that the builder refused

I did not finish my 5-color serigraph yet, but it has to be turned in on Thursday। Surely I'll have it posted by Friday. In the mean time, here is another assignment in Illustrator. I had to create a comic book/coloring book cover. I spent 3 weeks on it, my lines got crazy messy, I trashed it the night before it was due and started over. I slept about 4 hours, woke up and worked all the way up until class. An hour before I needed to leave my house, I had no background, hence the lazy gradient mesh. Needless to say, this was not my original concept but it certainly got the job done. *If you click the picture, you get a larger view but keep in mind this was created for print in CMYK (in other words the computer makes the colors not to be viewed on the monitor but instead for the printer to spit it out, so the appearence isn't exactly the same).

1 comment:

8bit Cynics said...

Thanks for the comment and the inspiration. Stay in touch