Sunday, December 14, 2008

Me=Fail. Wiley=?

5-color, green film, fail. One of my worst days in serigraphy class, 2nd to last class time, a nazi lab tech, I got really frustrated and scraped that design. But it’s all good because it was actually my plan B. I went to Plan A and did a 5-color (photo technique) for Usugrow’s lotus design with “Namaste” printed underneath. I haven’t taken a picture yet but I’ll get to that. I’ve only made one print (on a black tank top for myself) but I have a bag of shirts I was going to use with this one. Still waiting for my instructor to give me a time I can come to campus and finish it up.

In the mean time, I give you Kehinde Wiley. His works can be found in Harlem, Brooklyn, Chicago, Sheboygan, Columbus, D.C., and Minneapolis, to name a few. I don’t have time to write out my review but I’d like to hear what you have to say. Do you think it works?


1 comment:

Justin C. Cliburn said...

Hey, I finally got your comment. I sent an email to the one listed on your Blogger profile, but I thought that perhaps you never check it since it seemed like an odd one. Anyways, thanks for the love, and of course I remember you.