Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ringo


Not unlike any other art student, my painting instructor 2 years ago had a strange method of teaching. That is to say, he didn't really teach; he just commented a lot. Mostly he said you have to learn from experimenting "pushing the paint around on your canvas" and there was no right technique for anything. Still, it would have been nice if he made suggestions. So I'm still learning. I'm working on people and getting dimension and depth in their face. To focus on that I've decided to stay in black and white but vivid colors in everything else (same with the Buddha interpretation). Here is Ringo in his Sergent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band gear. Paul is nearly finished and already a massive improvement. I've been taking photos from the beginning phase on him so that'll be a bit more interesting to look at.

No comments: