Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I can relate to that sentiment

"Making art is a really lonely process. You spend a lot of time by yourself, hunched over a desk. It's a lot of solitary time and it can be a bit of a head trip." -Travis Millard

All my life I've had hermit tendencies. My mom told me even as a toddler I enjoyed my time to my self. For the most part it unnerves my family and peers. People hassle me for not being social. I guess they think I don't appreciate them. I let it get to me and started feeling like I shouldn't be this way. So I went through a phase of being extremely social. But I've realized that spending more time on my own is the only way I can truly be who I love being. It's the only way I can create with integrity.

So I'm working on a sgt. peppers lonely hearts club band series. I'll be posting Ringo and Paul this week.

No comments: