Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Shoe Movement

The past several months my sister has been on a kick about Toms shoes. She loves them and wears the hell out of hers, and I've definitely made fun of her. What's so great about them? I just didn't get it. I do love my slip-on Vans especially because I bought them on clearance for $5 and certainly wear the hell out of those but Toms look like any pair of shoes I could pick up at an Asian market for that same price. I thought it was just a silly fad. That is, until I read this article from the L.A. Times by Booth Moore. If ever I was caught with my foot in my mouth...
This company has been around for just about 3 years and what makes them so great is the one for one policy. You buy a pair of shoes for yourself and you're also buying a pair of shoes for a needy child. Beautiful. So I give in and I'll probably be buying a pair this summer.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Maybe I'm a snob for not wearing any because I think they're ugly, but you'll be proud of me when I say I've bought a couple pairs as gifts for people who DO wear them often. Then I climbed in my "big dumb SUV" and drove home. :)